back to latest articles
What to eat before and after your massage
The food you eat before a massage can alter the effects of your
massage. If you're too full or too hungry, you'll find it harder to
- Avoid eating a heavy meal prior to your treatment.
Your digestive system will be working hard to digest the meal,
which will leave you tired and lethargic.
- It's recommended you eat a light, easily digestible meal at
least 90 minutes before your massage. Clear soups, fruit and
non-fizzy drinks with natural sugars are best.
- It is sensible to avoid alcohol prior to and immediately after
- Stimulants like caffeine and sugar should also be avoided.
- Also, be sure to drink plenty of water. This helps release
those spent wastes, toxins and congestion which treatment
- Try to eat a light meal within an hour after your massage - a
high-protein, low carb meal will help your body's detoxification